ADDING THE IMAGE
- Drag an “Image” object onto the Nib, but size it smaller than the View
- Locate an image to use for the Image object and name it “default.png”
- Then drag the image file into the Xcode project
- Select the Image object on the MainWindow.xib by clicking on it.
- Select the “Attributes” tab on the Inspector Window
- Click the dropdown next to the Image label to attach the image you just added to your project to the image view
- Optional: change the color of the background to match your image
- Select the main view and click on the Attributes tab to change the color
ADD A BUTTON
- From the Object Library, select the “Rounded Rect Button” object and drag it onto your Nib window
- Double-click the button object it to add text to title the button. You can call it whatever you want: “press me,” “go,” etc.
ADD A LABEL
- Drag a label object from the library onto the Nib view.
- Click inside the label and delete the text or change it to whatever you want.
- Format the text by clicking on the Attributes tab. Change the font size, color, etc.
Use the links below to access the remainder of the tutorial.
- iPhone App Development Tutorial – Part 1
- iPhone App Development Tutorial – Part 2
- iPhone App Development Tutorial – Part 3
- iPhone App Development Tutorial – Part 4